In this article
The Cycling '74 forums are where Max experts and newbies alike hang out to help each other. The best way to get help is to be as detailed as possible. Here are a few tips to ensure you have a great experience:
- Before you post your patch, try to edit it so that it just includes the problem area.
- Place comments in your patch to illustrate what should happen and what does happen.
- If your patch contains abstractions, audio files, or other custom components, please include these materials.
- Include instructions on how to operate your patch to get the errant behavior.
- Use the Copy Compressed feature (Edit > Copy Compressed) to copy your patch into your forum post.
- If you have trouble posting a new topic with a copy-compressed patch in it, an alternative method is attaching a zip file of your patch to your topic.
- If you have trouble with either posting or attaching to a post, please send us details.
For more detail about participating on our forums, please see the Welcome page.